Visitors can enjoy all that Rochester has to offer including the bars, cathedral and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and spas. Top sights in the city include Rochester Cathedral and Rochester Castle.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodation options in Rochester
- The closest major airport is in London (SEN-Southend), 11.8 mi (19 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 21.9 mi (35.3 km) away
Getting around Rochester
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Rochester Strood Station, Rochester Station or Rochester Higham Station. Rochester might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Rochester
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Rochester gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C