Travellers to Maidstone give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres, parks and museums. Around the area, top sights include Leeds Castle, Rochester Cathedral and Rochester Castle.
- There are 54 hotels and other accommodation options in Maidstone
- The closest major airport is in London (SEN-Southend), 21.7 mi (34.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 25.9 mi (41.6 km) away
Getting around Maidstone
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Maidstone East Station, Maidstone West Station or Maidstone Barracks Station. Maidstone might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Maidstone
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Maidstone each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C