Travellers to Southend-on-Sea give high marks for the seaside and lively bar scene. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Southend Pier, Rochester Cathedral and Rochester Castle.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodation options in Southend-on-Sea
- The closest major airport is in London (SEN-Southend), 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 28.6 mi (46.1 km) away
Getting around Southend-on-Sea
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Southend-on-Sea Southend Central Station, Southend Victoria Station or Southend East Station. Southend-on-Sea might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Southend-on-Sea
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Southend-on-Sea is 26 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C