Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 21 Nov 2020
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Basildon, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the lakes and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, football games and parks. Around the area, top sights include South Park, Lakeside Shopping Centre and Kelvedon Hatch.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Basildon
- The closest major airport is in London (SEN-Southend), 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) away
Getting around Basildon
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Basildon Station, Basildon Laindon Station or Basildon Pitsea Station. Basildon may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Basildon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Basildon each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C