Visiting Welwyn Garden City
Visitors can enjoy all that Welwyn Garden City has to offer including the festivals, gardens and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices and bars. Wembley Stadium, White Hart Lane Stadium and SSE Arena, Wembley are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodation options in Welwyn Garden City
- The closest major airport is in London (LTN-Luton), 9 mi (14.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 20.9 mi (33.7 km) away
Getting around Welwyn Garden City
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Welwyn Garden City Station. Welwyn Garden City might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Welwyn Garden City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 0°C
- Welwyn Garden City gets about 23 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 0°C