Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Luton, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games and university setting.
- There are 68 hotels and other accommodation options in Luton
- The closest major airport is in London (LTN-Luton), 1.6 mi (2.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 28.2 mi (45.4 km) away
Getting around Luton
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Luton Station, Luton Airport Pkwy Station or Leagrave Station. Luton may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Luton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Luton is 23 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C