History buffs will enjoy exploring Hitchin, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and countryside, this city will delight tourists with its bars, gardens and spas.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodation options in Hitchin
- The closest major airport is in London (LTN-Luton), 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 23.4 mi (37.6 km) away
Getting around Hitchin
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Hitchin Station. Hitchin might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Hitchin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- About 23 millimetres of rain falls on Hitchin each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C