Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Monterey, and visitors give high marks for the must-see aquarium, seaside and seafood restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its golfing. Top sights in the city include Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium and Maritime Museum.
- There are 440 hotels and other accommodation options in Monterey
- The closest major airport is in Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal), 16.1 mi (26 km) away
Getting around Monterey
With so many transport options, exploring all of Monterey is a breeze. If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Salinas Station. You can explore water transport options at the local marina.
Dressing for Monterey
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the nighttime average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- About 520 millimetres of rain falls on Monterey each year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 7°C