Visiting Shah Alam
Visitors to Shah Alam are sure to enjoy the golfing. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting, theme park and rainforests. Shah Alam Blue Mosque, Malaysian Houses of Parliament and Merdeka Square are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2042 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Kuala Lumpur
- The closest major airport is in Subang (SZB-Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kuala Lumpur (KUL-Kuala Lumpur Intl.), 25.9 mi (41.6 km) away
Getting around Shah Alam
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Kuala Lumpur Shah Alam KTM Komuter Station, Kuala Lumpur Batu Tiga KTM Komuter Station or Kuala Lumpur Padang Jawa KTM Komuter Station. Shah Alam might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Shah Alam
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 33°C and the nighttime average to be 22°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 23°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Shah Alam is 80 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 22°C