Chelmsford Hotels from
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Visitors to Chelmsford are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, gardens and monuments. Kelvedon Hatch, Southend Pier and Colchester Zoo are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodation options in Chelmsford
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (SEN-Southend), 15.1 mi (24.3 km) away
Getting around Chelmsford
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Chelmsford Station, Wickford Hatfield Peverel Station or Chelmsford South Woodham Ferrers Station. Chelmsford may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Chelmsford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Chelmsford gets about 22 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C