Visitors to Uji are sure to enjoy the rivers. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples and local tours. Kiyomizu Temple, Nijo Castle and Kyoto Imperial Palace are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1682 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Kyoto
- The closest major airport is in Osaka (ITM-Itami), 22.9 mi (36.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kobe (UKB), 38.2 mi (61.5 km) away
Getting around Uji
With so many transport options, seeing Uji is easy. Head to Rokujizo Station to catch the metro. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Uji Mimurodo Station, Uji Station or Uji Obaku Station.
Dressing for Uji
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 1155 millimetres of rain falls on Uji each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C