Sydney Hotels from RM275
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 18 Jan 2021
Where to stay in Sydney
Travellers to Sydney give high marks for the bustling port, renowned opera house and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, restaurants and art. Top sights in the city include Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Bondi Beach.
- There are 1458 hotels and other accommodation options in Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 5.3 mi (8.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional), 53.5 mi (86.1 km) away
Getting around Sydney
With so many transport options, seeing all of Sydney is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Martin Place Station, Wynyard Station and St. James Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Sydney Circular Quay Station, Exhibition Centre Station or Sydney Central Station. You can take a ferry from the port.
Dressing for Sydney
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 26°C and the nighttime average to be 16°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 12°C at night
- About 1188 millimetres of rain falls on Sydney each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 8°C