Families will find kid-friendly activities in Orlando, and visitors give high marks for the theme park, theatre and live music scene. This city also attracts tourists with its golfing, shopping and lakes. Top sights in the city include Universal Studios Florida™, SeaWorld® Orlando and Walt Disney World®.
- There are 8989 hotels and other accommodation options in Orlando
- The closest major airport is in Orlando, FL (MCO-Orlando Intl.), 8.7 mi (14.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kissimmee, FL (ISM-Kissimmee Gateway), 17.4 mi (28.1 km) away
Getting around Orlando
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Orlando Station, Winter Park Station or Kissimmee Station. Orlando might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Orlando
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the nighttime average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 15°C at night
- July to September averages 34°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 10°C at night
- About 1351 millimetres of rain falls on Orlando each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 11°C