Edinburgh Hotels from RM142
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 5 Jan 2021
You could be seeing lower prices
History buffs will enjoy exploring Edinburgh, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, local tours and festivals. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its art, shopping and monuments. Top sights in the city include Princes Street Gardens, Edinburgh Castle and St. Giles' Cathedral.
- There are 1488 hotels and other accommodation options in Edinburgh
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 6.5 mi (10.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Dundee (DND), 35.3 mi (56.8 km) away
Getting around Edinburgh
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Edinburgh Waverley Station, Edinburgh Haymarket Station or Slateford Station. Edinburgh might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Edinburgh
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Edinburgh gets about 24 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 17°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C