Visiting Bishop's Stortford
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Bishop's Stortford, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene, top-notch restaurants and coffee shops. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and walkable setting. A top sight in the area is Kelvedon Hatch.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodation options in Bishop's Stortford
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted), 2.6 mi (4.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) away
Getting around Bishop's Stortford
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Bishops Stortford Station, Stansted Airport Station or Bishop's Stortford Elsenham Station. Bishop's Stortford may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Bishop's Stortford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- About 22 millimetres of rain falls on Bishop's Stortford each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C