Families will find kid-friendly activities in Braintree, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its bars and cafes. A top sight in the area is Colchester Zoo.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Braintree
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted), 11 mi (17.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG), 24.7 mi (39.7 km) away
Getting around Braintree
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Braintree Station, Braintree Freeport Station or Braintree Cressing Station. Braintree might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Braintree
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 22 millimetres of rain falls on Braintree each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C