Travellers to Maidenhead give high marks for the riverfront, lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cultural, this city also attracts tourists with its spas. Top sights around the area include Legoland, Windsor Castle and Oracle.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodation options in Maidenhead
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 13 mi (20.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LTN-Luton), 29.4 mi (47.3 km) away
Getting around Maidenhead
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Maidenhead Station, Maidenhead Furze Platt Station or Maidenhead Taplow Station. Maidenhead might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Maidenhead
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- About 587 millimetres of rain falls on Maidenhead each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C