Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Newmarket, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its bars and cafes. Top sights around the area include Ely Cathedral, Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences and Church of St Mary the Great.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodation options in Newmarket
- The closest major airport is in Cambridge (CBG), 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 25.2 mi (40.6 km) away
Getting around Newmarket
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Newmarket Station, Dullingham Station or Kennett Station. Newmarket might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Newmarket
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 1°C at night
- About 21 millimetres of rain falls on Newmarket each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 1°C