Travellers give high marks for the cathedral in Ely, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, temples and local tours. Top sights around the area include Ely Cathedral, Church of St Mary the Great and Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodation options in Ely
- The closest major airport is in Cambridge (CBG), 13.1 mi (21.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 34.8 mi (56 km) away
Getting around Ely
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Ely Station, Ely Littleport Station or Shippea Hill Station. Ely may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Ely
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 1°C
- Ely gets about 21 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 1°C