Travellers to Cambridge give high marks for the university vibe, riverfront and beautiful gardens. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its museums and art. Top sights in the city include Church of St Mary the Great and Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences.
- There are 251 hotels and other accommodation options in Cambridge
- The closest major airport is in Cambridge (CBG), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 22.6 mi (36.4 km) away
Getting around Cambridge
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Cambridge Station, Cambridge North Station or Shelford Station. Cambridge might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Cambridge
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Cambridge gets about 22 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C