Travellers to Oakland give high marks for the fun sporting events, entertainment choices and theatre. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, architecture and art. Top sights in the city include Oakland Museum of California, Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive and Greek Theater.
- There are 203 hotels and other accommodation options in Oakland
- The closest major airport is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 7.1 mi (11.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hayward, CA (HWD-Hayward Executive), 13 mi (20.9 km) away
Getting around Oakland
With so many transport options, exploring all of Oakland is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like 12th St - Oakland City Center Station, 19th St Station and Lake Merritt Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Oakland-Jack London Square Station, Emeryville Station or Berkeley Station.
Dressing for Oakland
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the nighttime average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Oakland is 597 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 7°C