History buffs will enjoy exploring Haarlem, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, cathedrals and cafes. Top sights around the area include Nes, Zaanse Schans and Stedelijk Museum.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodation options in Haarlem
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 31.1 mi (50 km) away
Getting around Haarlem
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Haarlem Station or Haarlem Spaarnwoude Station. Haarlem might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Haarlem
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Haarlem gets about 1945 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C