Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hoofddorp, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its tours. Around the area, top sights include Nes, Concertgebouw and Stedelijk Museum.
- You'll find 1030 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Amsterdam
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 3 mi (4.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 27.1 mi (43.5 km) away
Getting around Hoofddorp
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Hoofddorp Station. Hoofddorp might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Hoofddorp
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Hoofddorp gets about 1945 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 1°C