History buffs will enjoy exploring Colchester, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, art and theatres. A top sight in the city is Colchester Zoo.
- There are 57 hotels and other accommodation options in Colchester
- The closest major airport is in London (SEN-Southend), 23.8 mi (38.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 27.2 mi (43.8 km) away
Getting around Colchester
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Colchester Town Station, Colchester Station or Colchester Hythe Station. Colchester might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Colchester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Colchester gets about 21 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C