Visitors to Kusatsu are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks. Around the area, top sights include Kiyomizu Temple, Kyoto Imperial Palace and Nijo Castle.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in Kusatsu
- The closest major airport is in Osaka (ITM-Itami), 32.6 mi (52.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kobe (UKB), 48.4 mi (77.9 km) away
Getting around Kusatsu
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Kusatsu Station or Minami-Kusatsu Station. Kusatsu may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kusatsu
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kusatsu is 1155 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C