History buffs will enjoy exploring Guildford, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene, relaxing spas and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its theatres. Around the area, top sights include The Lightbox, Legoland and Windsor Castle.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodation options in Guildford
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 17.1 mi (27.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 18.5 mi (29.8 km) away
Getting around Guildford
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Guildford Station, London Road Station or Shalford Station. Guildford might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Guildford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- Guildford gets about 587 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C