Byron Bay Hotels from RM238
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 24 Sep 2020
Visiting Byron Bay
Travellers to Byron Bay give high marks for the beaches. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its walkable location.
- There are 520 hotels and other accommodation options in Byron Bay
- The closest major airport is in Ballina, NSW (BNK-Ballina - Byron Gateway), 13.9 mi (22.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lismore, NSW (LSY), 25.1 mi (40.5 km) away
Getting around Byron Bay
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Mullumbimby Station. Byron Bay may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Byron Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 27°C and nighttime averages of 12°C
- Average annual rainfall for Byron Bay is 34 millimetres
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 8°C