Byron Bay Hotels from RM232
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 1 Dec 2020
Visiting Byron Bay
Travellers to Byron Bay give high marks for the beaches. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its walkable location.
- There are 520 hotels and other accommodation options in Byron Bay
- The closest major airport is in Ballina, NSW (BNK-Ballina - Byron Gateway), 13.9 mi (22.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lismore, NSW (LSY), 25.1 mi (40.5 km) away
Getting around Byron Bay
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Mullumbimby Station. Byron Bay may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Byron Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 27°C and nighttime averages of 12°C
- Average annual rainfall for Byron Bay is 34 millimetres
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 8°C