History buffs will enjoy exploring Yogyakarta, and visitors give high marks for the temples and local tours. This cultural city also attracts tourists with its museums.
- There are 595 hotels and other accommodation options in Yogyakarta
- The closest major airport is in Yogyakarta (JOG-Adisucipto Intl.), 4.9 mi (8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Surakarta (SOC-Adisumarmo Intl.), 32.7 mi (52.7 km) away
Getting around Yogyakarta
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Yogyakarta Tugu Station. Yogyakarta may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Yogyakarta
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 24°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 24°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 34°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 34°C and nighttime averages of 23°C
- Average annual rainfall for Yogyakarta is 1301 millimetres
- Usually September and October are the hottest months with an average of 34°C, whereas September and August are often coldest, averaging 23°C