Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 21 Jan 2021
Where to stay in New Orleans
Visiting New Orleans
History buffs will enjoy exploring New Orleans, and visitors give high marks for the live music scene, entertainment choices and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its bars, art and tours. Top sights in the city include Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Jackson Square and National World War II Museum.
- There are 1478 hotels and other accommodation options in New Orleans
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city centre
Getting around New Orleans
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from New Orleans Union Passenger Terminal or Slidell Station. New Orleans might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for New Orleans
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 25°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 7°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 34°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 8°C as the night-time average
- About 1692 millimetres of rain falls on New Orleans each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 34°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in New Orleans?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in New Orleans, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in New Orleans?
What's the best accommodation option for families in New Orleans?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to New Orleans?
What is the top LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in New Orleans?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in New Orleans?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in New Orleans?
What's the best high-end place to stay in New Orleans?
What's the best boutique accommodation in New Orleans?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to New Orleans?
Recent Reviews in New Orleans
More trip options
- Hotels in New Orleans by Star Rating
- Hotels near New Orleans Airport
- Areas of New Orleans
- Hotels near New Orleans Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in New Orleans
- More Hotel Options in New Orleans
- New Orleans Hotel Brands
- More Hotels in New Orleans
- Hotels Near New Orleans
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations