Lake Tahoe Hotels from RM196
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 21 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 19 Sep 2020
Visiting Lake Tahoe
Travellers to Lake Tahoe give high marks for the lakeside setting, ski areas and casinos. This cosy city also attracts tourists with its mountains and entertainment. Top sights in the city include Heavenly Ski Resort, Northstar California Resort and Kirkwood Mountain Resort.
- There are 3394 hotels and other accommodation options in Lake Tahoe
- The closest major airport is in Lake Tahoe, CA (TVL), 14.2 mi (22.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe), 16.5 mi (26.6 km) away
Getting around Lake Tahoe
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Truckee Station. Lake Tahoe might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Lake Tahoe
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the nighttime average to be -6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and -6°C at night
- About 218 millimetres of rain falls on Lake Tahoe each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -5°C