Visitors can enjoy all that Arau has to offer including its architecture. There are 40 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Alor Setar (AOR-Sultan Abdul Halim), 18.6 mi (30 km) from the city centre. The next closest is in Hat Yai (HDY-Hat Yai Intl.), 35.1 mi (56.4 km) away.
Dressing for Arau
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 35°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 21°C
- From April to June, the average is 34°C during the day and 23°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 21°C as the night-time average
- About 69 millimetres of rain falls on Arau each year
- March and February are usually the hottest months averaging 34°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°C