Travellers to Yangon give high marks for the temples, lakeside setting and Chinatown. Cultural and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its sightseeing.
- There are 274 hotels and other accommodation options in Yangon
- The closest major airport is in Yangon (RGN-Yangon Intl.), 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from the city centre
Getting around Yangon
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Yangon Central Railway Station. Yangon might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Yangon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 37°C during the day and 17°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 37°C, whilst the average at night is 23°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 33°C and nighttime averages of 17°C
- Yangon gets about 99 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 36°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 18°C