History buffs will enjoy exploring Nagoya, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, sightseeing and cafes. Top sights in the city include Atsuta Jingu Shrine, Osu and Nagoya Castle.
- There are 253 hotels and other accommodation options in Nagoya
- The closest major airport is in Nagoya (NKM-Komaki), 8.8 mi (14.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Nagoya (NGO-Chubu Centrair Intl.), 18.7 mi (30.1 km) away
Getting around Nagoya
With so many transport options, exploring Nagoya is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations like Jingunishi Station, Rokubancho Station and Nishitakakura Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Nagoya Toyodahonmachi Station, Nagoya Jingumae Station or Nagoya Atsuta Station.
Dressing for Nagoya
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Nagoya is 1140 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 1°C