Families will find kid-friendly activities in Melbourne, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, renowned art and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this urban city can discover its architecture, restaurants and theatres. Top sights in the city include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach and Bourke Street Mall.
- There are 1715 hotels and other accommodation options in Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 7 mi (11.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 11.7 mi (18.9 km) away
Getting around Melbourne
With so many transport options, exploring all of Melbourne is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Flagstaff Station, Melbourne Central Station and Parliament Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Flinders Street Station, Spencer Street Station or Showgrounds Station.
Dressing for Melbourne
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the nighttime average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 7°C at night
- About 12 millimetres of rain falls on Melbourne each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 5°C