Visitors can enjoy all that Maitland has to offer including the cafes, jazz scene and its breweries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries and festivals.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodation options in Maitland
- The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from the city centre
Getting around Maitland
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Maitland Station, High Street Station or Telarah Station. Maitland may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Maitland
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the nighttime average to be 16°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 27°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Maitland gets about 33 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 8°C