Visitors to Gillingham are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffee shops and bars. Leeds Castle, Rochester Cathedral and Rochester Castle are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodation options in Gillingham
- The closest major airport is in London (SEN-Southend), 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 25 mi (40.2 km) away
Getting around Gillingham
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Gillingham Rainham Station or Gillingham Station. Gillingham might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Gillingham
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Gillingham each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C