Visiting Bury St Edmunds
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Bury St Edmunds, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful gardens and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment and cathedrals.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodation options in Bury St Edmunds
- The closest major airport is in Cambridge (CBG), 22.9 mi (36.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 31.2 mi (50.1 km) away
Getting around Bury St Edmunds
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Bury St Edmunds Station, Thurston Station or Elmswell Station. Bury St Edmunds might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Bury St Edmunds
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Bury St Edmunds each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C