Families will find kid-friendly activities in Preston, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, cafes and bars. Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach and Melbourne Zoo are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1715 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 10 mi (16.1 km) away
Getting around Preston
Metro stations nearby include Bell Station and Preston Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Preston
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 27°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 10°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- About 12 millimetres of rain falls on Preston each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C