Visitors to Koya are sure to enjoy the temples, gardens and tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and coffee shops.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in Koya
- The closest major airport is in Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.), 25.8 mi (41.5 km) from the city centre
Getting around Koya
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Gokurakubashi station. Koya may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Koya
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Koya gets about 49 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 3°C