Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hamburg, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, fascinating museums and bustling port. This city also attracts tourists with its theatres, restaurants and tours. Top sights in the city include Barclaycard Arena, Hamburg City Hall and Moenckebergstrasse.
- There are 417 hotels and other accommodation options in Hamburg
- The closest major airport is in Hamburg (HAM), 5.7 mi (9.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Luebeck (LBC), 33.9 mi (54.6 km) away
Getting around Hamburg
With so many transport options, seeing Hamburg is simple. Take advantage of metro transport at Rathaus U-Bahn, Jungfernstieg Station and Stadthausbrücke S-Bahn. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Hamburg Central Station, Hamburg Dammtor Station or Sternschanze Station. You can explore water travel options at the local port.
Dressing for Hamburg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the nighttime average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and -2°C at night
- About 703 millimetres of rain falls on Hamburg each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -2°C