Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Gainsborough, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffee shops. Top sights around the area include Lincoln Castle and Lincoln Cathedral.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodation options in Gainsborough
- The closest major airport is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 15.2 mi (24.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hull (HUY-Humberside), 16.5 mi (26.6 km) away
Getting around Gainsborough
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Kirton Lindsey Station, Gainsborough Central Station or Gainsborough Lea Road Station. Gainsborough may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Gainsborough
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Gainsborough is 19 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C