Families will find kid-friendly activities in Adelaide, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and fun sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its parks, casinos and museums. Top sights in the city include Adelaide Festival Centre, Government House and Rundle Mall.
- There are 468 hotels and other accommodation options in Adelaide
- The closest major airport is in Adelaide, SA (ADL), 4 mi (6.5 km) from the city centre
Getting around Adelaide
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Adelaide is a breeze. Head over to Munno Para Station for metro transport. If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Adelaide Station, Adelaide Mile End Station or North Adelaide Station.
Dressing for Adelaide
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 30°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 13°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 9°C as the night-time average
- Adelaide gets about 534 millimetres of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°C