Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Stockholm, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theatres, tours and parks. Top sights in the city include Solvalla, Royal Swedish Opera and Museum of Medieval Stockholm.
- There are 434 hotels and other accommodation options in Stockholm
- The closest major airport is in Stockholm (BMA-Bromma), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Stockholm (ARN-Arlanda), 22.5 mi (36.2 km) away
Getting around Stockholm
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Stockholm is a breeze. Nearby metro stations include Sergels Torg Tram Stop, Hotorget T-Bana and Central T-Bana. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Stockholm City Station, Stockholm Central Station or Stockholm Södra Station.
Dressing for Stockholm
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 6°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -6°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 12°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- About 17 millimetres of rain falls on Stockholm each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -5°C