Visitors can enjoy all that Porirua has to offer including the spas, waterfront and temples. Top sights around the area include Westpac Stadium, Old St Paul's and St Paul's Cathedral.
- You'll find 147 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Wellington
- The closest major airport is in Paraparaumu (PPQ), 15.1 mi (24.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.), 15.9 mi (25.6 km) away
Getting around Porirua
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Porirua Station or Porirua Kenepuru Station. Porirua might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Porirua
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 21°C and the nighttime average to be 11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 15°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- About 1244 millimetres of rain falls on Porirua each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 6°C