Visitors to Penrith are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars and spas. Top sights in the area include Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Bondi Beach.
- You'll find 1494 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 29.8 mi (48 km) from the city centre
Getting around Penrith
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Sydney Penrith Station. Penrith might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Penrith
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 30°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 13°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 8°C as the night-time average
- About 32 millimetres of rain falls on Penrith each year
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C