Milford Sound Hotels from
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting Milford Sound
Visitors can enjoy all that Milford Sound has to offer including the waterfalls and aquarium. A top sight in the city is Milford Sound. The closest major airport is in Queenstown (ZQN-Queenstown Intl.), 51.1 mi (82.2 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Milford Sound
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 21°C and the nighttime average to be 9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Milford Sound gets about 36 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 2°C