Visiting Hong Kong
Travellers to Hong Kong give high marks for the shopping, bustling port and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture and monuments. Top sights in the city include International Finance Centre, Lan Kwai Fong and Central Ferry Piers.
- There are 159 hotels and other accommodation options in Hong Kong
- The closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.), 14.4 mi (23.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Shenzhen (SZX-Shenzhen Intl.), 33.3 mi (53.5 km) away
Getting around Hong Kong
With so many ways to get around, exploring Hong Kong is a breeze. Metro stations nearby include Hong Kong Station and Hong Kong Tin Hau Station. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Hong Kong Central Station, Hong Kong Sheung Wan Station or Hong Kong Admiralty Station. You can find out about your options for water transport at the local port.
Dressing for Hong Kong
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 22°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 13°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 14°C as the night-time average
- About 81 millimetres of rain falls on Hong Kong each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°C