Hobart Hotels from RM265
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Hobart
Take it easy in Battery Point, where a maze of narrow laneways will reveal quaint cafés and galleries to intrepid wanderers.
Step back in time in this colonial town as you explore more than 50 Georgian buildings that have been brought back to life as cafés, restaurants and stores.
Discover Tasmania’s pioneer heritage in the historic sites, including one of the country’s oldest pubs, at this town on the Derwent River.
The suburb of Claremont juts out onto a peninsula in the Derwent River and is the home of New Zealand’s Cadbury Chocolate Factory.
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Hobart, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its marina and museums. Top sights in the city include Salamanca Market, Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens and Cascade Brewery.
- There are 279 hotels and other accommodation options in Hobart
- The closest major airport is in Hobart, TAS (HBA-Hobart Intl.), 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from the city centre
Getting around Hobart
With so many ways to get around, exploring Hobart is easy. To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Tasmanian Transport Museum Station. You can find out about water travel options at the marina.
Dressing for Hobart
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 22°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 10°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- Hobart gets about 524 millimetres of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C