History buffs enjoy visiting Amersfoort though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, local tours and rivers. A top sight in the area is Pyramid of Austerlitz.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Amersfoort
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 28.5 mi (45.9 km) from the city centre
Getting around Amersfoort
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Amersfoort Station, Amersfoort Schothorst Station or Amersfoort Vathorst Station. Amersfoort might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Amersfoort
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Amersfoort gets about 775 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C