Families will find kid-friendly activities in Texarkana, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment and sporting events.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodation options in Texarkana
- The closest major airport is in Texarkana, AR (TXK-Texarkana Regional), 3.6 mi (5.7 km) from the city centre
Getting around Texarkana
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Texarkana Station. Texarkana might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Texarkana
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 22°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 35°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Texarkana is 1259 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 34°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C